Welcome all to my blog. My name is Rachel and am, let's say, stressed! I feel that I might be in twelve places at once, too bad I can't get twelve things done at the same time! My life is part project manager, part wedding planner, part cook, part sister! I guess you could call it my recipe to life. Although, my life isn't ummmm....stress free, I probably wouldn't have it any other way.
Right now, I'm in London, next week Bratislava, and the week after Mumbai. All with the hope that I miss the snow headed towards home (Milwaukee, WI) in the process. My job as a project manager, working on a software development for Johnson Controls, takes me around the world. I am working on implementation of software system to enhance the efficiency and productivity of our Building Efficiency business unit.
When I am not pretending to be in 2 places at once (via Skype) I am working on my long laundry list of things to get done before Wedding Day (April 21st). Only 92 more days! I also like to chauffeur my 15 year old sister around shopping. We now shop at the same stores, so...I might have to change my style! Additionally, my life dream was always to be a chef, so at the end of last year, I decided to cook one recipe a day (when I am at home) out of a cookbook my grandma gave me. 30 down...only 100 some to go!
In order to be successful, you have to know who you are. So I guess this is me! Just one of the many ingredients!

11 comments:
Hi Rachel,
I's nice to finally put a face to the name. I believe we were in one or two of these classes. I saw your name and April wedding came to mind.
Anyways, hope your wedding planning is coming along smoothly? I would suggest adding few elements list for this assignment to your blog.
Overall, the color pallet is nice and clean.
Ciao,
Tinu
Hi Rachel!
It is nice to meet you. Your pictures show you as a very happy and fun loving person. Is the picture with your husband at a Ice Bar? I went to one once. It was a lot of fun, but since it was raining that day I got sick because I had wet hair.
I suggest adding a page counter for your blog so you can see how many people view your page. Also, you could add a follow gadget so that we can follow any changes made.
Best of luck. I look forward to seeing any changes you decide to make.
Good morning Rachel,
This is Kathy Park, one of your classmates from E-Commerce class in BU. Nice meeting you here!
I think you might want to 'http:// ' right before your blog site you shared on the discussion post.
Looking forward to working with you! :)
Hi Rachel,
In case my comment did not go through before. My name is Kathy Park. It is nice meeting you :)
Hi Rachel. Good luck towards your wedding plans and beyond. Your job even though obviously a lot of work, sound rather interesting. Do you love it? Your post is articulately informative, you've done a truly fine job of describing your person, I feel like we've met and hung-out just from reading the few paragraphs in your blog. There is certainly potential to expand the artistic outlook of your blog if it pleases you - color, layout and background.
Hi Rachel,
I love the context of your blog. The title is so clever with explaining your life as a recipe. I am a foodie myself and can absolutely relate to one. I had difficulty accessing your blog but was able to through Elizabeth's post. As I am leaving this comment on your blog it is a bit weird that I cannot view the blog while leaving the comment. I usually look back at some stuff to remember what I was going to say but in this case the comment takes me to a new page. I am not sure how to adjust this in settings but I am sure the help section would know. Your life sounds so exciting even though very busy. I was just in two weddings this year so I understand the excitement/nervousness/hectic wonderfullness of it all. I would die to travel all around the world like you do especially at the employers cost lol. I would love to see photos of all the places you have been. Maybe create a separate page and add those.
Look forward to reading more!
Kate
Hi Rachel,
I would have to agree with you. your life does seems stressful but seems like its good stress to have. It's really cool that you get to travel so much sometimes i wish i could do that too. i would suggest adding more pictures, videos and just couple more posts to your blogs otherwise it looks good
Rachel...don't you know...it's a spoonful of sugar that makes the medicine go down! :)
Great start to your blog. I would suggest adding some more pages and some gadgets, but the design looks great!
Eli
Hi Rachel,
How is the weather in London? Nice to see you again in the class!
I would suggest adding some gadgets to your blog like world clock and world weather of cities that you have to visit.
Rachel, I am posting a link of a travel company in the US. I hope it will help you in planning your honeymoon.
http://www.affordabletours.com/Insight_Tours/
Rachel,
Its great to meet you. Wedding planning was a lot of fun for me and it was almost a shame when it was all over. A new chapter began though and its going great. Your blog is very clean looking and very warm for this cold weather. I would sugggest adding gadgets on the left sidebar to try to bring some more balance to the blog. Maybe you can some gadgets relating to weddin planning. Or like a wedding countdown. Also, please note some of Alex's suggestions sent through our email like adding an additional page on your blog. BLogger's help section was great in trying to pull everything together. Good luck in the class!
Hi Rachel!
Congrats on your upcoming wedding! It must be crazy to plan but so exciting! I've been in two wedding parties the last two summers and the crazy planning is so worth it! Just remember to have fun! I love the theme of your blog as your "recipe of life", very inviting and interesting! I would love to see more pictures, especially relating to your wedding or even some posts on the planning process. Would be a great to look back for memories through the process!
Looking forward to a great class!
Bryn
Post a Comment